| 0 comments ]

Not withstanding the title of this story, I am not handsome or fortunate enough to have two beautiful women fight over me. Hopefully that will change in my fast-catching-up future.

I am currently in the process of writing a novel, yeah ,yeah....I too want to have one of those 'Great Indian Novel' experiences. But I definitely am not writing about NRI's, Childhood memories, Yuppie Call Center lives or any of those novels that revolve around Cricket or Bollywood. I wanna write actual stories, you know...the good old fashioned tales that feature great characters and tremendous imagination.

The problem is, I have two stories in mind, vastly differing in subject nature, having not a shred of similarity with each other, and I find myself tearing my hair out (which is already falling in alarming clumps, thanks to the good ol' Chennai water) deciding which one to go with. And a great many random scene ideas for both stories seem to suddenly pop up in my head with no regard for my wishes whatsoever.

The Two Stories
1. Science Fiction Epic
I say Epic in the literal sense, the story will be vast, encompassing the whole of cosmos...and some more which my healthy imagination will conjure up.

2. Politico-Police Thriller
Ever since I watched the greatest and most entertaining Indian cop movie of all time, "Kaakka Kaakka", I wanted to write a story that will have character of the film's Hero, Anbuchelvan(Surya) as one of the protagonists. This story will also be a dedication of sorts to the best friend I ever had the fortune of having in my life, may she rest in peace.


Well written Science-Fiction stories always attract tremendous appreciation from everyone, not just fans of the genre. But they take a lot of research and a bloody long time to write. On the other hand, a Politico-Police Thriller set in current times, while they too require a fair amount of research, have the uncanny ability to get written in a lot lesser span of time.

I don't want anybody's opinions, views on this matter. I just wanted to put this dilemma into words so I can have a sudden stroke of decision making ability to finally settle on a topic matter and just start to fuckin' write.

0 comments

Post a Comment