| 0 comments ]

Ah...you finally bought that new printer, didn't you? Feeling pretty good about yourselves, uhu?
With so many advertisements and offers touting those Printers with impressive features and high quality printouts, how could you miss it? And the feel of that sample photo printout the salesman slipped into your hands pretty much made up your mind, didn't it? You just had to buy it, yeah thats what I keep hearing all the time.


Printers have become so much more affordable in recent times, with the cheapest inkjet and laser printers costing just about Rs.1500 and Rs.6000 respectively. That is the picture we see, at least in the beginning. What is obvious, but really known only to a handful few is that you don't spend much of your hard earned money on the actual printer, but on the INK.

A typical inkjet cartridge costs Rs.500 for black & white, and a color cartridge is priced at Rs.750, all for a massive Ink capacity of 8ml. Printer Ink is is the real earner for the dozens of manufacturers putting up their latest models on the market every day.


My Printer's Dirty Secret
That in itself is not that bad. I can live with that, if not for a startling fact. The dirty secret of my printer. I don't know if this is the case with all printers though more than a few of my friends also reported it to be true once I told them about this, but I strongly urge you to check your printer. Well, you can't do jack shit about it, except stop printing and throwing out your printer altogether.


I would definitely not be aware of this dirty little secret of our home printers(or any printer for that matter) if not for this informative video.



The Dirty Little Secret of Inkjet Printers - video powered by Metacafe


Who knew what is going on inside your inkjet printers? Yikes, I for sure did not. A lot of that ink, which costs you three times more per milliliter than a Rs.20,000 bottle of the finest champagne, is pouring down into a sticky well of useless black slime. Holy fuckin' hell, what a waste.

My solution? Stop printing altogether
I came to know that I don't need to make prints, like in ever. If I really need to get a printout, I now go to that Print shop in the next street. I know its not the ideal solution for everybody, but it sure is the ideal solution for over 80% of home users like me. Ditch that piece of overpriced junk and save yourself a shitload of money and stress.

0 comments

Post a Comment